Video Excerpt: Escape Respirators and SCSRs
- What is an escape respirator?
- Types of escape respirators?
- When to use an escape respirator
- What is a self-contained self-rescuer?
- Selection, inspection, donning, and care
Training Time: 24 Minutes
Don't let smoke, fumes, or toxic gases keep you from getting to safety in an emergency. Use this training to prepare yourself and your team with a working knowledge of escape respirators. This course describes the different types of escape respirators and self-contained self-rescuers (SCSRs), as well as inspecting, caring for, donning, and using them. Additional topics discussed include atmospheres immediately dangerous to life and health (IDHL) and transferring to a new SCSR when necessary.